MUTEK makes an even greater commitment where sustainable development is concerned!
Our objective is to become a socially and environmentally responsible event. By integrating economic, social and environmental considerations, a sustainable event reduces its negative impact on the environment while reinforcing positive changes such as the development of local businesses and the arts.
Over the past few years, MUTEK has reduced its use of paper and print materials, and has always followed its guiding principle of developing local partnerships and promoting tourism to the Montreal region. Recognized on the international stage as one of the most forward-thinking organizations for celebrating and supporting digital culture, MUTEK is committed to operating in a socially and environmentally responsible way.
THE PROJECT: MUT_EKO RESPONSIBILITY
According to our studies, MUTEK’s major source of carbon emissions comes from artist and festivalgoer travels. In order to help counter this single largest source of emissions, you can buy our Green Pass, which allows you to offset some of the emissions linked to your travels.
In 2011, thanks to you support and mobilization, 22% of the passes sold were Green Passes! We are offering all of our 2012 artists the opportunity to offset their travel emissions as well.
Don’t forget to visit our travel section to learn about rideshare options (in Quebec with Amigo Express and from English Canada and the US through Amovens).
The MUTEK team is also once again taking part in Défi Climat, a campaign to raise awareness about climate change through involving hundreds of Quebec organizations of all scales and from all sectors.
Transportation is by far the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions for MUTEK.
Calculate the greenhouse gas emissions resulting for your trip.
Do you find the emissions related to your travel are too important? There are many solutions available to you:
• Purchase a Green Pass when you buy your ticket and we will use that money to donate for Carbon Offsets. If you will be purchasing your tickets or pass in person at the festival, be sure to ask our box office team about this option;
• Get familiar with public transportation options in Montreal;
• Consult our special rideshare and train travel options;
• Offset your travel emissions on your own, as you customize your travels.
Transportation is only one of the many areas that you can take on:
• Shopping local reduces the transportation costs of goods. We’ll be putting up our list of Montreal hotspots to help you find your way around the city very soon!
• Make sure to recycle whenever possible – be on the lookout for recycling bins at our outdoor events! Otherwise, be sure to use the garbage cans provided outside on the street.
SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Feel free to send us any questions, comments or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to hear from you!