For several years now MUTEK has been committed to taking concrete measures in sustainable development, in order to reduce its environmental impact and to mobilize festival-goers on social and ecological issues.
MUTEK is a member of Club TRIBU, a project developed by Tourisme Montréal. TRIBU is a gathering of companies interested in seeking training and tailor-made support to initiate new projects concerned with sustainable development.
Our efforts in waste management have already been rewarded by ICI ON RECYCLE!, which is overseen by RECYC-QUÉBEC.
Measures adopted by MUTEK in the organization of the festival include:
● Promotion of ridesharing for festival-goers with a partnership with Amigo Express
● Partnership with VIA Rail
● Installation of bike racks at the festival venues
● Partnerships with Téo Taxi and Bixi for local transport
● Clear signage with two types of waste bins (recycling, waste) at all festival sites
● Unrecovered found objects handed over to an association
● Recovery bin for phones, batteries and other hazardous waste
● Presence of Insertech for the recovery of electronic equipment.
● Cleaning and disposal of cigarettes around the outdoor stage, by Megot Zero
RESPONSIBLE WATER MANAGEMENT
● Fountain with free access on all sites
● Sale of reusable bottles with the mark of the festival
● Writing a chart of good conduct for all MUTEKs
● Audiovisual creation contest on the theme of the Anthropocene with finalists exhibited at the Centre for Sustainable Development from 14 to 27 August 2017. The complete program of the centre is here.
● Possibility of converting a festival PASSPORT into an ECOPASS with our partner Planetair
● Student rates
● Group rates
● All venues accessible to people with reduced mobility
● Volunteers involved in the event