Important info for those travelling from outside Canada


Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Learn more here.

To find out whether or not you need a visa, please visit the Canada Immigration & Citizenship website.


You can convert money at the pricier Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport currency exchange, at your hotel, or simply by using your ATM card at any bank, which will cost a smaller fee (best option). There are also numerous currency exchanges located throughout downtown that offer competitive rates.


Service is not included in your restaurant bill, so it’s customary to add a 15% tip to the total before taxes (if you’re with a group, 15% for service may be automatically added to your bill). Taxi drivers, delivery people, etc. are also normally tipped 10% to 15%. Porters, doormen, etc. generally receive at least $1 per suitcase or per service rendered.

For more information: Please visit Tourisme Montréal's travel information page.


For even more assistance and information, visit Tourisme Montréal's website, accommodation site, and have a look at Québec's official tourism page. We also encourage you to subscribe to Tourisme Montréal's newsletter.



Suscribirse a la lista de mailing

Mutek Mexico mailing list
* indicates required
Mutek Spain mailing list